Monday, August 20, 2007

† Hell on Earth †


Early night at bus stop in the town of Juarez, Mexico..

Eva: But tell me about you..
Lauren: About me?
Eva: Yeah. I tell you about me, now you tell me about you.
Lauren: All right.
Eva: How many children do you have?
Lauren: I don't have any children. I'm not married
Eva: No children?
Lauren: No.
Eva: But why?
Lauren: ..... 'Cause I work.
Eva: My mother works and she had children.
Lauren: Well, I have a different kind of work. It's called a career.
Eva: And what is that?
Lauren: um..a career.. Okay.. . A career is a kind of work that you want more than anything...and you give up everything to get it. And when you get it..you realize that it's not that great and you have no life.
Eva: I don't understand..
Lauren: Yea,that makes two of us.

( Ironically, while people are busy on the search of their career, there are certain people in this world, maybe from the poor nation or from one of the unfortunates, who are completely naive about what is a career. Their miserableness is too real to be ignored, yet they are the invisible living among most of us. . .)

No comments: